Erstwhile Cummins Engine Company Inc. (CECO), U.S.A and Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited (KOEL) established a joint venture with 50% ownership by CECO, 25.50% by KOEL and 24.50% floated on the Bombay Stock Exchange
Kirloskar Cummins acquired Cummins Diesel Sales and Service from Blackwood Hodge
A shipment of 15 engines is dispatched to Egypt, heralding the beginning of export operations in India
Kirloskar Cummins achieves a milestone reaching a cumulative production of 50,000 engines
Formed a 50:50 joint venture named Fleetguard Filters Pvt. Ltd. between Cummins Filtration Inc. and Perfect Sealing Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Formed a 51:49 joint venture between Newage (now Cummins Generator Technologies) and Crompton Greaves to design and manufacture alternators for generators
Cummins Diesel India Foundation collaborates with Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS) to set up the first all women engineering college in India. The College is named Cummins College of Engineering for Women (CCEW).
Formed Tata Cummins as a 50:50 joint venture between Cummins Engine Company Inc. and Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company (TELCO) to serve the medium and heavy commercial vehicle market.
Tata Group and Holset (now Cummins Turbo Technologies) form Tata Holset, a 50:50 joint venture to design and manufacture turbochargers
Cummins Inc. increases its stake in Kirloskar Cummins to 51%, Kirloskar Oil Engines largely divests its stake and Cummins India Ltd. is incorporated with the other 49% ownership floated on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Valvoline Cummins, a 50:50 joint venture between Ashland Inc. and Cummins India Limited is formed to manufacture lubricants
Cummins India Limited and Cummins Filtration Inc. form Nelson Engineering Ltd, a 50:50 joint venture to design and manufacture mufflers, until the sale of this entity to Global Tube in 2011
Cummins Research and Technologies Incorporated is formed as a 50:50 joint venture between Cummins Inc. and Cummins India Ltd. to provide Analysis Led Design engineering services to all of Cummins globally
Cummins Diesel Sales and Service India Limited is renamed as Cummins Sales and Service India Limited (CSS)
1) Three plants open: Power Generation plant at Pirangut, Cummins Generator Technologies plant at Ranjangaon and KV Engine plant at Kothrud 2) Ground is broken for the Cummins Megasite at Phaltan 3) Formation of Cummins Emission Solutions and ReCon India
Merged Cummins Sales and Service India Ltd. into Cummins India Limited
Inaugurated the second Cummins College of Engineering campus at Nagpur with funding support from the Cummins India Foundation
1) Cummins Megasite is inaugurated. Three plants become operational- the second plant of Tata Cummins Limited, High Horsepower Rebuild Center and ReCon India. The fourth plant on the Megasite, India Parts Distribution Center becomes operational later in the year. 2) India’s consolidated and unconsolidated sales cross the $2B mark. 3) Cummins SVAM Sales and Service Ltd., a 50:50 joint venture dealership between Cummins India Ltd. and SVAM is incorporated.
1) Cummins completes fifty years of operations in the Indian subcontinent. 2) Foundation Stone is laid for the India Office Campus at Balewadi in Pune.
1) Phaltan Midrange Upfit Center, the fifth project at the Cummins Megasite commences operations. 2) New plant of the JV, Valvoline Cummins Limited, is established in Ambernath, Maharashtra. 3) The low kilowatt genset plant for exports opens at the SEZ section of the Megasite. 4) Seventh project, Phaltan High Horsepower Plant commences operations at the SEZ section of the Megasite. 5) Ground is broken for the Cummins Technical Center in India, the most integrated R&D center to support all of Cummins businesses globally.
1) Cummins India Office Campus, the first integrated ten acre office campus is inaugurated to accommodate office employees across all the group entities in India. 2) Eighth project at the Megasite and the third facility of Tata Cummins Ltd., commences operations.
1) Cummins acquires Cummins SVAM Sales and Service Ltd.; renamed as Cummins Sales and Service Pvt. Ltd. – the only company owned dealership. 2) Cummins Residential Campus opens at the Megasite. 3) At the Megasite, the ABO Training Center for employees, and the Technical Training Center for training service technicians on High Horsepower, Heavy duty and MidRange engines, are inaugurated.
Restructuring of businesses to – Engine Business, Power Systems, Components and Distribution